All you need to know about your local estate agents in Withington Homes4u
Moving a house is commonly considered as one of the most stressful events in a person’s life, and research shows 40% of homeowners rank relocating as more stressful than having a baby or starting a new job.
Selling a property isn’t something most people do every day, so choosing an estate agent to help you can feel like a bit of a minefield.
It can be easy to think that all estate agents are the same, but some will be more effective than others based on your individual needs.
Our guide aims to tell you all you need to know about your local estate agents in Withington to help you find an agency that will sell your property at the best possible price.
Why choose Withington?
Whether you are a first-time buyer looking to get a foot on the housing ladder, or you are ready to upscale to find a family property, Withington is a great area to choose.
Located just four miles south of Manchester City Centre, and placed between the busy suburbs of Fallowfield and Didsbury, Withington is a popular destination for young professionals, families, and students alike.
The melting-pot nature of the area means the bustling high street is filled with bars, restaurants and shops. Boosted by a great bus service, good schools and green space, you’ll never be short of things to do when exploring the area.
Things to consider before choosing an estate agent to help sell your property
To help take away some of the stress of selling your property, it’s important to consider the following when finding an estate agent to suit you.
Do your research
Understanding as much about the estate agent as you can help you to make an informed decision. Before asking a team to value your home, ask yourself the following:
● Do they have an established presence in the market in your area? For example, homes4u opened in 1990, making them one of the longest established estate agents in Manchester
● Have they got experience selling a property like yours? Check their property search page for comparisons.
● What valuations do they offer? Ensure there are options for face to face, or online valuations if you feel more comfortable.
● Are you comfortable with their viewing policy? Make sure potential buyers are accompanied and viewings are pre-arranged with you. At homes4u, all viewings are arranged to suit you, and you’ll receive plenty of notice.
It can help to create a shortlist of three estate agents using the list above as a starting point, then from here, you can invite them to value your home.
Find out their credentials
Once you have your shortlist in place, you can start to invite the estate agents to your property to discuss an offer and value your home. This is a great way to ask some further questions to find out all you need to know about your local estate agents in Withington. Consider the following:
● Are they members of an accredited independent ombudsman service? homes4u are a member of the Property Ombudsman Scheme
● What resources will they put into selling your home quickly, and at the best price? Check they have a good high street presence, a recognizable brand, and existing relationships in the area.
● Do they have local knowledge of the area? homes4u have a branch on Wilmslow Road in Withington, opposite the Library.
● Do they have good reviews and feedback from previous customers? Check they offer great service and customer care leaving their clients happy.
● Make sure they know how to make your property seen, are they using property portals such as Rightmove and Zoopla.
From here, you can identify the right estate agent for you.
Understanding estate agents fees
Estate agents will charge a fee to help you sell your property, which is usually a percentage of the selling price.
When valuing your home, a good agent will explain their costs in detail so you’re fully aware before agreeing to anything.
The actual amount you will pay will depend on the services you require, and whether you choose the estate agent as your sole agent or one of several to help sell your property.
Make the judgment based on your needs, and understand estate agent fees before making a decision.
Looking for an estate agent in Withington? Choose homes4u
With over 30 years of experience selling a wide variety of properties, homes4u have extensive knowledge of the North West property market, with a particular focus on Manchester and Cheshire.
Our three branches across Greater Manchester make us one of the most recognized independent estate agents in the area, with a name you can trust.
Find out more about how we can help you sell your property today.
Looking for rented property? Take a look at our properties for sale or rent today.