From 31st August 2021 temporary checks which were in place due to COVID 19 around Right to rent will not longer be in place. From 1st September 2021 landlords and letting agents are required to revert to face-to-face and physical document checks as set out in legislation and guidance.
In order to release keys tenants must show an original copy of one of the documents listed below (List A Group 1) to comply with Right to Rent legislation. If you are unable to provide a single document from the below list (List A) we can advise which two documents from List A Group 2 and List B are acceptable.
- UK passport
- EEA/Swiss national passport/identity card
- Registration Certificate issued by the Home Office to an EEA/Swiss national
- Document certifying permanent residence issued by the Home Office to an EEA/Swiss national
- EEA/Swiss national family member Permanent Residence card or document
- A document issued by the Home Office to an EEA/Swiss national family member
- Biometric Residence Permit with unlimited leave
- Passport or travel document endorsed with unlimited leave
- UK Immigration status A certificate of registration document endorsed or naturalization as a with unlimited leave British citizen