Finding a property for rent with homes4u
We have a fantastic selection of property for rent across Greater Manchester and Cheshire. Looking for houses for rent? We have a wide range available from modern town houses to period terraces and suburban family homes. If you are looking for flats to rent? We have something for everyone from studio apartments to penthouse pads, modern new developments to period conversions.
Our friendly and professional Rentals Team have a wealth of experience and are on hand to offer honest advice on every aspect. Arranging viewings couldn’t be easier. Simply add the property you have seen for rent to your viewings list on our website and request viewings online, or call into one of our conveniently located branches for face-to-face help.
Our website is updated throughout the day and in real time, so as soon as we are instructed on a property for rent, it will go live. You can also register for updates on our website and in branches to receive details of new instructions.
If you are new to the area, or want more advice on where to rent in Manchester, our online ‘Area Guides’ give a useful snapshot of the many great places to live in Manchester.
Get social: You can also subscribe the members area on our website, to keep you updated as homes become available, as well as share property details that catch your eye via facebook and twitter.
What happens when you have found your perfect property for rent?
Before we are able to process an application we require a completed Rental Application, holding deposit form and standard terms for each applicant.
A holding deposit the equivalent of one weeks rent is payable upon your request to rent a property. Upon receipt of the holding deposit, the parties will enter into an agreement to reserve the Property subject to the Landlord receiving satisfactory replies to referencing checks, Right to Rent checks and other pre-tenancy enquiries. The Landlord will reserve the Property whilst the Applicant completes the referencing process and the terms of the tenancy and any guarantee agreement are negotiated. Please refer to the full terms surrounding holding deposits within the Rental Application.
Deadline for Agreement
Once you have made payment of the holding deposit, in line with the Tenant Fee Act there is a 15 Calendar day Deadline for Agreement. During this period you should take all reasonable steps to enter into a tenancy agreement.
- Provide proof of ID (copy of your passport or driving licence).
- Provide proof of your Student status (student tenants only).
- Undergo satisfactory Right to Rent checks
- Non-student tenants: will need to undergo credit referencing and provide proof that you are in employment, and of your position, hours, contract and wages.
- Complete a Direct Debit Mandate (managed properties)
- Return Deed of Guarantee and satisfactory guarantor referencing (If required)
- Sign two copies of the Tenancy Agreement.
- Pay the security (tenancy) deposit which is the equivilent of 5 weeks rent.
Security of personal information
To ensure the security of any personal information you need to send to homes4u, we have our own file sharing facility called Own Cloud. This works in a similar way to Dropbox or One Drive. Our tenancy team will advise you how to access it to submit your personal information.
Please note that all monies must be cleared funds prior to keys being released.
Overseas students and those without Credit History and/or UK Based Guarantors will need to pay all rent in advance
Non Student Applicant: If you fail a credit check (or know that you are likely to), you may be able to still secure a property by providing an acceptable Guarantor.
Tenancies let on the Academic Cycle
Properties let on the academic cycle are subject to 12 month tenancy from 1st July to 30th June. A rent free period may be agreed with the landlord for the month of July during which tenants are not permitted to occupy, full rent is due from 1st August. If a tenant wishes to move in to the property during July full rent will be due. Please be aware that landlords may be undertaking works during the summer months and access will be required for contractors.
Homes4U have partnered up with Huddle to offer one of the cheapest bills inclusive packages in Manchester. Huddle can supply all of our properties with Gas, Electricity, Water, TV Licence and Wi-Fi at extremely competitive rates. Each tenant is only responsible for their share of the bills, and Huddle can provide you with smart meters to monitor your usage at no extra cost. Sign up today at www.huddle.uk.com or pop into our office to find out more."
How to rent checklist
The Department for Communities and Local Government have produced a guide is for tenants and landlords in the private rented sector to help them understand their rights and responsibilities. It provides a checklist and more detailed information on each stage of the process.Download the how to rent checklist
Other useful to know stuff when you’re looking for a Property for rent
- Rent is usually paid the same day each month for the whole calendar month.
- Utilities (Gas/Electric/Water) are not usually included in the rent, unless specifically advertised as such. You will also be responsible for Council Tax (students can get an exemption certificate), as well as insuring your own possessions (Contents Insurance).
- When you are viewing a property, it’s worth noting anything you’re not sure or happy about. Often we can negotiate a solution with the owner. Works aren’t guaranteed unless formally agree with the owner.
- All of the jargon can get a little confusing. We use plain English agreements and there is a handy glossary on our website with some of the common phrases in our rentals section.